Thread: Project Lex
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011   #324
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Project Lex

Well went out to try and troubleshoot the revving issue I mentioned earlier. I fixed it pretty quickly suprisingly (lucky guess). It was obviously something with the ignition so I just started there. I first changed the Ignition setting from Speed Density to Percent Baro per a comment over on the MS boards. Didn't fix it but I think it's setting I should have been set to so I'm going to leave it at Percent Baro. I then, just for fun, changed the ignition max dwell setting from 3.0ms to the max value of 25.0ms. Car idled like total crap. I then changed it to the extreme the other way to the lowest value of 1.0ms. Bam, car revs like a dream. So there it remains. I have no clue how to know what the right setting is for this car, but 3.0ms cause issues, 1.0ms runs like a dream, so 1.0 it will remain until I'm told otherwise.

Woohoo!! Going to drive it around for a week to see if I notice any issues. If not, I will button up the MS box and mount it in the footwell a little nicer with some velcrow strapping or something. Then I'll probably be talking to Shane @ DBPerformance soon there after for a quick tune prior to turboz.

Video for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ki52efsZE&hd=1
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote