View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012   #131
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushit2.0 View Post
I run Crower 288's (stage 4). They are degreed in on a 111 deg lobe separation. Max lift I .415" E .398".

With your 2.3 9500rpm and big turbo you will want the biggest cams that will fit. Motors are air pumps and if you can not get air in/out you will be hard pressed to make power.

Idle and down low throttle will suffer but the extra power is worth it.

It would be cool to see your 1g dyno graph overlaid with my car from the dyno day last year.
I agree it’s worth the loss of idle, it’s a race car. It’s going to see less and less street time, since the my Evo is taking its place as the preferred street monster.
The only dyno graph I have is from the mid 30 psi pull, think it was around 780-790WHP? MAP should easily set up an overlay, they have both files on their PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushit2.0 View Post
I have a factory yolk in a box, let me know if you need it.
I will let you know, I think I may need to get an OEM driveshaft too, I'm running the DSS 3.5". I called Shep again about the TX upgrade and they are shooting for next month, I guess ER is also making one now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
There should be a lot of power left on the table with the BC's, the design on those is old as dirt. I'd also look into the bigger FP cams as well as the GSC's.
Yea, should be some good power to be had, The old spool to 40psi was quick, around 5900-6000 in third, on a 76MM turbo. I know I'm going to be giving some of that up, but like John said it’s worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
Give a call to english if you are considering those GSCs from what I gather they work pretty closely with GSC in developing cams for mitsus.
Yep the S3 is what they are using on Jeff B's car. MAP has a set waiting for me to pick up. When I go there I'll try to get some overlay graphs of the dyno runs too.
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote