View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017   #2
AwdGSX13

Drives: Cars
Re: Project DSM-NonGM

I ended up taking all of A/C components out with lines,compressor and condenser. May regret this down the road, but probably not.

So of course getting everything out the way I noticed the radiator was leaking, stock original radiator... go figure. So I ended up replacing with a Mishimoto aluminum with slim fans. Finally once everything showed up I put the bumper ect. back together.

Well got everything back together, put in the new turbo, injectors and ran with the 2g maf and everything actually ran really well without being tuned.

Drove it around like this for a little while. But of course in typical DSM fashion something had to go wrong. I was leaving a buddies house one day when a mustang pulled up next to me wanting to do some "testing and comparing". So I hit and literally had zero power and all I could hear was scraping. Limped it home since I was close and found this

The nut on the compressor wheel was no longer attached and just sitting inside the compressor housing and it completely destroyed the turbo(this turbo was rebuilt with zero miles from diesel components but not by me...The previous owner did some 2 years prior to me buying). Eager to get things going again I bought a 16g off a style member and was about to swap turbo's for a third time when I noticed a large amount of oil inside the manifold. Pulled off the exhaust manifold and found out a few valves were leaking causing the smoke and oil burning

'94 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
'06 Acura TL

Last edited by AwdGSX13; 04-11-2017 at 01:20 PM..
AwdGSX13 is offline   Reply With Quote