View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009   #19
At-Least-It's-An-Evo
At-Least-It's-White-Again

Mario Tetris 2 Champion! Tetris Champion! Tetris 2 Champion!
Drives: 98 iVTEC
Send a message via AIM to At-Least-It's-An-Evo
Re: Clutch Low Engagement(yea, I know it's a DSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceminion View Post
just letting him know that after spending the money at the dealership for the new master and slave cylinders (for both my DSM's) that I was in the same boat....

It is very important to replace 15 year old rubber seals....but chances are that will not resolve the compromised geometry of the flexing firewall and the clutch pedal assembly.

my money is on extending the master.
Alright, maybe I didn't post it up there^^^ but absolutely nothing changed fluid-pressure-wise during this engine swap. The lines were never removed, pressure was never changed (UNTIL we found out the engagement had drastically gone down after the engine swap/install. The pedal had plenty of engagement beforehand so it is making me believe it is something after the slave. We did bleed it just because of the fact that something may have gotten crushed or something, but thats why I ended up where I am.

And yes, it IS technically a band-aid fix but I'm not gonna argue with you on that.

Anyhow, this thread is going nowhere. The most useful post was the one with the link to Jacks Transmissions about the proper way to adjust your clutch. I knew something about it, just wasn't sure on exactly how.

Thanks for the reply guys. This can be closed.

Done fuckin' with cars but I will snap some photos of yours for now! =)
At-Least-It's-An-Evo is offline   Reply With Quote