View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008   #10
scheides
flips McGee

Re: Fidanza short-shifter (Evo VIII/IX)

All I gotta say is WOW. $31 shipped for the short shifter, $23 in parts from mitsu = $54. This is officially on my 'short list' of mods that should be done to every Evo, right after full exhaust, mbc/gm bcs, intake tune, front engine mount, and rear sway bar (i.e. basic modded evo).

There's a bunch of ways you can setup this shifter to suit where your hand falls, and the install (once you have done it once ) is easy, mine took about 30 minutes. Throw is reduced by at least an inch in front and an inch in back, full throw front to back is about 3" (SHORT!). I was super worried about the vagueness inbetween gears, but grabbing various gears is very intuitive and very easy.

The kit includes lower shifter bushings to stiffen up the whole shifter assembly. Add in under-hood bushings (on the other end of the shifter cables) and a front motor mount for furious, clean, quick, snick-snick shifting action, especially when coupled with NLTS!

I would not have bought one of these if it was not *identical* to the fidanza SS. Worth every penny.

Out with the old:

Quick cut with the rotozip (sorry, blurry):

In with then new:

If you own an evo, go buy one of these. Right now.

Last edited by scheides; 06-08-2008 at 04:33 PM..
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote