View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017   #69
AwdGSX13

Drives: Cars
Re: Project DSM-NonGM

Well have not updated in awhile, the car successfully made it on the dyno and off for that matter. The hp numbers were a bit disappointing though, we ran into a few issues. The bov was an issue and we thought may have been leaking at higher boost. At first it was only seeing about 17ish so we decided to crush the top in and we ended up maxing out around 19( was looking for higher 20's but stupid me should have replaced the bov ). Also had a few other issues that went unnoticed until i made it home. it has some kind of brace between the alternator and the motor mount that loosened up im guessing on the dyno and shredded the belt by the time I made it home which probably didnt have anything to do with the numbers but was an issue none the less. Glad i made it home in time. Once i pulled it into the garage i noticed axle grease all over the LF wheel. So new axle and belt replaced. Also swapped out the rack for a reman since the boots were torn and it was leaking anyway.

The car ended up making 264/242 and 302 in shootout. ( the numbers may be a few off as Im thinking off the top of my head). Its still quick and has been fun to drive but I still am gunning for the goal of 400 and already know what ill be replacing for next year. E85 will be a must and then im going to swap out the intake manifold as well and with a new bov and shoot for more boost.

Ran into a new issue recently lol (seems never ending, but i assumed as much so whatever). The transfer case is leaking pretty bad. Swapped out the rear output shaft seal but its still leaking. Learned about the yoke being an issue so I ordered the revised yoke kit from extreme and am just waiting to put it in.

Hopefully back to enjoying within a week here.

'94 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
'06 Acura TL

Last edited by AwdGSX13; 07-20-2017 at 02:11 PM..
AwdGSX13 is offline   Reply With Quote