View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016   #609
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Those trucks use completely different engines than the new GenV small blocks. I don't have any oil consumption issues and I haven't heard of any problems with the C7/gen6 Camaro, and '13+ 6.2L Silverados. The difference may be then trying to add new technology to old engines, vs. designing a brand new engine from the ground up with the technology already in-mind. I know the engineers stressed how hard they worked on the PCV system alone, and this issue could be the very reason why. I do enjoy my 100k mile powertrain warranty though...I need to remind myself a mod like this would void it so there's another thing to consider.

I am thinking about doing a splitter and some sideskirts this winter. I'm already max lowered on the stock ride height bolts, and don't really want to go any lower since it already scrapes the rubber airdams on my driveway. No on the wheels since I already have the optional black 19/20 forged set. I could always try sneaking a set of ported heads in there, but that's a lot of labor to tear into the engine for minimal gains w/o a cam.

Must resist the urge to mod! Good call on the aero bits, I think that's a good idea.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote