View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #18
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Something that blows black!...kinda'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00sted_spyder View Post
One thing I like about Dodge is that the driveline are pretty easy to work on(tranny, F+R differential, etc.). One thing I hate about them is taking out the front wheel bearing when they havent been touched in a long time. They get seized pretty good. The engine feels pretty solid and picks speed up good. I'm not a big fan of the interior but that thing will haul almost anything!
I feel you on the front hub/wheel bearings. I put new pads and rotors on it...or tried to. I got the axle nuts off, but I didn't have the hub puller so I brought it to a friend's family shop. It was actually quite convenient; I worked in the building right next to them so it was perfect.

My transmission is a little finicky. It started giving me problems with shifting into over drive a few weeks ago. From what I was being told on the Cummins forums and my vague knowledge of automatic transmissions, I THINK it is the overdrive solenoid. I just threw a 10 ohm potentiometer in place of the TPS and it did the trick. During the process I found a switch under the dash. I believe it is a torque converter lock up switch. I now just use said switch when wanting to be in overdrive.

It does help with a little coal rolling ability too. lol

Amen on the interior. If I was rich and didn't give a flying fawk I would swap it over to a 1998+. I love those setups. These cup holders are retarded especially. I've already spilled a LARGE Dr. Pepper from like...Taco John's all over my lap in this thing. I was PISSED. That's what you get for taking a corner while talking on the phone I guess. lol

Last edited by DSMINMN; 10-10-2013 at 09:22 PM..
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote