View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016   #591
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A//// Guy View Post
Nice! Curious but what do your coolant and oil temps range from in normal and hot weather?
Stock the engine was generally in the 220-230F range regardless of ambient during normal driving and the oil was 210-240F. Now that I've added the Z06 grill and dumped in a bottle of Water Wetter, they both hover right around 200F plus/minus 5 degrees during normal driving/highway cruising. The Water Wetter alone was worth about a 10 degree drop. Spirited driving will bring both up some, but the new fan should help with that. I also just ordered a heatshield wrap for the primary cat that sits fairly close to the oil cooler which should drop oil temps a bit during aggressive driving (which I hope to have on before this weekend's Shreveport cruise). I used some reflective heat sheath turned inside-out on the radiator hoses to prevent some of that heat from radiating up into the intake pipe/keep it out of the engine bay. The ceramic coating on my ported manifolds also helped drop underhood temps. In hindsight, I wish I would have ceramic coated my X-pipe too.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote