View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011   #66
v8klla

Send a message via ICQ to v8klla Send a message via AIM to v8klla
Re: MAP's 2008 Evolution X GSR Build Thread aka Project GGX

It's been a while here and there have been significant changes so bear with me as this will be a bit of a bulk update lol. This update was supposed to be a simple catback replacement, but a lean condition and time constraints changed all of that. To make a long story short we ended up replacing the entire turboback exhaust, upgrading the majority of the fuel system, and switching to E85 as outlined below:

MAP O2 Eliminator Downpipe / Recirculated
MAP 304SS Test Pipe (Link coming soon)
MAP 3" 304SS Catback Exhaust with Varex Muffler (Link coming soon)
FIC 1100cc Fuel Injectors
Deatschwerks 300lph Fuel Pump with MAP Install Kit
Grimmspeed Manual Boost Controller

I'm pretty happy with an extra 73whp from these modifications, what kind of power levels have other people attained with similar mods? Future plans include an upgraded actuator, AEM Xwifi wideband, and most likely a clutch before we get too crazy lol.

Varex Mufflers

I have to dedicate an entire paragraph to these things. It is quite possibly the single best investment I have made when it comes to automotive upgrades. For those that aren't familiar with these it is essentially a muffler with an electric motor controlled by a wireless key fob. The motor opens and closes a butterfly valve leaving you with a full 3" passage when fully open. When the butterfly valve is closed the exhaust gases travel through a smaller opening in the muffler that bypasses the valve entirely and subjects the gases to additional baffling. Essentially you can switch between a nearly stock sounding exhaust note and a full 3" exhaust with the press of a button We will have a production version of my catback and an Evo 8 & 9 version in the near future. You can find more information from the manufacturer here.

E: chris@maperformance.com

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
v8klla is offline   Reply With Quote