View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014   #3224
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by A//// Guy View Post
Sounds like you are very indecisive. To be honest none of your decisions make any sense and it seems to end up costing you tons of money over and over.

I would say finish the evo and DRIVE IT, stop changing set ups every 6 months.

Or finish it, cut your losses and sell it and move onto a diff platform.

Also do a lot more research on the BMW idea, as you seem to have no clue on models, years, engines, or any specs, you are just going off hearsay.

BTW non M cars have no LSD, so if you get a RWD 335, you will have to upgrade the diff. Also to get the 335 as aggressive as your evo, will require drastic suspension set up and a big HP increase. If you want a fun luxury fast comfy car, go for it, but dont expect race car unless you go balls out with mods.

I think a C6 Z06 makes more sense but I dont know what you are looking for as these two cars are very different.
I am a little indecisive yes. I think some of you guys forget that this is a forum, I am posting on here because I am bored at work and start to think of other cool shit to do! This site has almost nothing to ever read, so I figured I would share my thoughts about a car I am considering, nothing more. I have zero plans set in stone except finish evo, drive it and enjoy it. I simply saw a bmw 135 and liked it, and drove shawns 335 and really liked it so I thought I could see myself in one.

This is the beginning of my research, I don't see why that is so hard. Instead of googling through bs, I prefer to talk to locals who have bmw's or have expereince. Obviously by the responses you guys have knowledge, so why not use it. I am not directing this at you sir, but just bringing it up, this site seems to encourage not posting and not asking questions. Who cares if the answer is on google, lol. Aren't we all here to help and talk cars? I'd rather go to one site for all my nonwork activities at work but this site seems to not like talking cars, it's weird.

Anyway, you gave some good feedback on the LSD. Knowing that, I don't like the 135 idea really anymore at least without AWD. Very surprising that they wouldn't do that.

The only downfall of the vette kracka is the size, I feel like the car is huge. I still love them and will probably eventually cave and get one.

As far as the fun car being my daily, I just can't. I drive 60+ miles a day. I already almost have 50k miles on my kizashi in under two years. I prefer something slow, comfortable, better gas mileage than a fun car, more reliable and also cheaper to fix/maintain. I just don't see a BMW or any of my fun cars being good fits for that. A two car system makes sense to me. Otherwise, I would sell the kizashi, the evo and get something in the 40k range, maybe a used m3 or something, no idea lol.

Also, I don't want to drive something that flashy every day and into work. Don't want people at work (we are a smaller company, only 400 people and the execs don't even drive that nice of stuff, mostly new ford company cars) thinking I make bank or something as I don't really in the grand scheme, just average and I like my normal/boring car.

Anywho, was just wanting to chat with forum peeps on bmw's.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote