View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008   #22
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: bad idea or terrible idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceminion View Post
the engine was rebuilt, and then was used in my brother's laser which put down an estimated 350 whp (not bragging, just it was pushing some serious HP)

he was constantly plagued by oil leaking over everything, we tried every trick in the book to stop the oil seeping out of the top end, to no avail.

My brother decided to quit while he was ahead, parted his car, and bought a 2g. I grabbed his motor.

So, all I am doing is applying a feature common on other turbocharded cars.

I drilled the hold in a non-structeral location on the side of the block, I didnt drill through any major "webbing" in the casting.
350 is not Serious HP, esp. today.
and the oil leaking could likely be fixed by sealing the individual leaks, or building the motor properly. Whenever i had a problem with the oil leaking out the vc, its always been either the valve cover is cracked, or the gasket is shot. Get a new rubber gasket and call it a day.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.

Last edited by tpunx99GSX; 08-05-2008 at 10:32 AM..
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote