View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017   #32
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Back into the big leagues: Project FRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
I'm surprised they didn't kick you off CorvetteForum for buying those!

But seriously, did you look into Texas Speed at all? Their headers are Chinese made, but at least designed with full R&D in central Texas, they just outsource the production to undercut the big American made brands like LG, ARH, Pfadt, and Kooks.

A few years ago I won a set of AFE/Pfadt Tri-Y headers (which were beyond beautiful) but ended up selling them to stick with my ported/coated manifold + Borla X-pipe setup which retains the primary cats for emissions and warranty reasons.
These are american crafted, Chinese metal. The vendor, Huronspeed, is actually a CorvetteForum sponsor, lol. I've found out the domestic stuff is made here. Welds look solid but I am having my friend Jamie give them a good look over as well.

No warranty here but I want to maintain Autocross class legality and emissions compliance in-case I move south in a few years.

Last edited by niterydr; 02-24-2017 at 11:02 AM..
niterydr is offline   Reply With Quote