View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018   #352
CarPsyco84

Drives: 07' Z06, 16' Beta 300RR
Re: 1997 GSX - DD, RR, and 11's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Agreed on staying away from a twin/triple unless you really need the holding power. Like Steve said, great in factory applications, but not so much in the aftermarket. Kevlar discs are great for street use, but the fuse to the flywheel during high-temp situations (racing, very aggressive driving, etc.). That is what my CCI Stage 3 in my Evo IX was; they eventually stopped making it. I personally really liked Southbend's equivalent to the ACT 2600 that I had in my Laser RS AWD. I would check both them and CCI (Competition Clutch) out. ACT has the quality control of a Chinese factory with tons of disc failures so I'd stay far away from them.
I've ran both the SS and SSX Southbend pressure plated mated to that "OCE" hybrid disc that they have Exedy make. With very good results. The SS pressure plate felt like stock pedal pressure and held over 400 ft lbs of torque to the tires, and still engaged like a stock clutch. And the disc is tough, takes abuse without breaking the center springs, and wears like iron. I went with the SSX this time, cause I was exceeding the capacity on that SS plate, and it actually broke the torque straps, so I figured that was my cue to go bigger. It never slipped.