View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015   #62
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo
Re: Brad's New Bike - '12 ZX10R

Saw swanny's and forgot I haven't updated this in a while.

Found a video of a 9.0 pass but no video of the 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjwJS1RwkB4&hd=1

I brought the bike back home the other week from being stored at Pauls for the winter. First time I got to test out my stupid expensive ramps on the bike and it didn't bottom out with me pushing it up, so I was pretty pumped about that! Hopefully it doesn't bottom out with my riding it up as well.

Ordered a couple goodies over the winter and got around to installing my Catalyst drag seat. I thought it would've taken me a few minutes to drill a couple holes with a dremel and bolt it on. Several hours later I got it where I'm pretty happy with it. I'm using the two back bolt locations on the seat (where the bolts where the side tail fairings bolt) then just using velcro on the bottom of the seat and on the gas tank mount as a front mount.

Also had to sand down the back a bit to be able to get the passenger seat on and off.

I'll install the shock in a few weeks when I have it torn apart to install some velocity stacks since the gas tank has to come off to install the shock.

Saved a little less than a 1lb with seat an lowered the seat about 1" over the stock one. The weight savings wasn't planned but is a nice little benefit. The lower seat helps put my weight lower and more forward so the bike is less prone to wheelie.

In regular clothes the lower seat makes it a lot easier to get a nice low tuck, hopefully its the same way in full leathers.

Also think I figured out how to mount my Powercommander screen so I can watch my A/F ratio while doing pulls or while on the track if I can look down at it. I'll run the wires up to it when its torn apart for installing some velocity stacks

Figured a ballistic battery would help save weight as well, didn't save as much weight as I was thinking it would for the price tag. Ya well, weight is weight.

Also got some DEI Reflect-A-Gold tape to wrap my air box and bottom of my gas tank. Some guys say it helps keep the airbox cold and can help at the track.

A guy I was talking to said he used 1.5 rolls of this to use on his airbox and the underside of his gas tank. I guess the underside of the gas tank is nice to have as well to help keep fuel cooler. I know VP says on their website to line the underside of the tank with heat reflective tape when running MR12, so it has to have some benefit.

Got a Launch Master too, which is kind of like a 2 step. Hopefully this helps me be a bit more consistent with my launches and helps me think about one less thing since I can be wide open as soon as I'm staged. I'll be curious to see if it works how I hope and how it sounds. I'm a giant ricer
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote