View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010   #42
scheides
flips McGee

Re: CBRD/Blouche BBK/BBK Lite turbo for Evo 8/9

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dyn...-pump-gas.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRD View Post
we have done 5-6 BBK cars in the past week...

all of them producing pretty awesome results..

we recently got a shipment of the newest JMfabrications (our partners in crime hee he) twin scroll exhaust manifolds...

I've always loved their manifold with the BBK as it provides a little more peak power... well the new one knocked my socks off... they revised the inlet ports, smoother radius', etc.... I didnt do a back to back, but this evo 8 made massive power over the stock turbo with some additional bolt ons..

The car had:

AMS fmic, AMS licp, UICP, Injen Intake, evo 8 9.8 cm hotside, mbc, turboback and our tune before making apprx 296whp/289wtq at 23.1-23.5 psi in 50 degree weather...

We then brought it back in, did headstuds, head gasket.... JM Fab manifold, CBRD BBK full with port, Megan O2 housing, 1000cc Injectors and a set of S1 cams...

We typically see 10-15 whp from the S1's on our dyno.... so here are the results...

I tuned it at 25psi, then ran some 28psi pulls, both with zero knock... on 93 octane... so the combination is working great.

you can see at the high boost 28psi pull, we were up 107whp over the stock turbo with these mods... and with 25 psi we were still up 97whp... and 50-67 wtq...

Very nice results for some nice changes.... minimal spool up loss!!

A nice street power level, and the owner was very pleased!

we have been seeing 375whp/335wtq to 410whp/360wtq depending on mods lately.... each car has gained atleast 60whp with turbo swap and retune... Im doing another today with the jmfab manifold, bbk, etc, on an evo ix with stock cams... so im excited to see what this one makes!

cheers

cb
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote