View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014   #1
talonsway

Drives: 1995 eagle talon TSI
Ricks-TURBO TALON

My 95 awd talon has been a project now of mine for about a year. Being my first car was a 96 esi, it took only 3 months before i wanted to go turbo, after hearing about the power you can put down. So at the age of 16 i drove out to castle rock WI with some friends to get my 2nd dsm. Made a deal at 2200 dollars and made the drive home with terrible breaks, and was surprise to make it home. The car came with a big 16g, FMIC, and a set of gauges that were not hooked up (Boost, A/F, and Oil pressure) and was said to be on 560cc injectors. But to fast forward a year to where i am now with the car it has been through quite a bit.

Very first thing i did was throw on my xxr 527 rims that i had in my closet for my esi. Then replace the grinding transmission. I was able to pick one up locally, along with a 2gb talon front bumper, and had enough money left over to install a ACT 2900 clutch along with a light weight 7-bolt fidanza flywheel.

Attachment 14801

Attachment 14802

Attachment 14805

And this is what the car was sitting like when i was working on getting some 2ga's headlights and shaving the front bumper

Attachment 14804

Click image for larger version

Name:	image7.jpeg
Views:	389
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	14808

Then i finally got some 2ga headlights with a HID kit i put in, looked good for now so i will keep it till i find a nice stock set. I also ended up plasti dipping the 2gb talon front bumper.

Name:	image9.jpeg
Views:	362
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	14809

Next thing i did was install my Hallman MBC, Crower 272/272 cams, revised lifters.

Name:	image10.jpeg
Views:	344
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	14810

Next thing that came in the mail was a VC with -8an fitting on it. I made a catch can at my school, and threw together a catch can system. also got a 3inch turbo back exhaust, with a test pipe from megan racing installed.

Then i got a wally 255 fuel pump, aeromotive AFPR, and a set of PTE 880cc.

When i got to installing my new pte injectors i found out that it was on stock injectors at the time. And know when i look back at it i should have noticed this but i was, and am young and dumb.

This entire time i have not driven the car one mile sense it made the drive home from getting it from Wisconsin. And it was really bothering me, cuz all my money was going into it. So i needed a way to tune. I ended up going with a black box set up and getting a laptop, cables, and a ecu locally. After a couple weeks of trying to get the laptop set up and getting a flash connector in there i was finally ready to tune. That black box lasted about 1 week into my attempt to tune when i bricked it. Was kinda mad but hey im learning. Decided that i needed help, and had a guy on dsmtuners that was helping me tune. We didnt get far as multiply things kept going wrong boost leaks, bad MAF, Exhaust manifold leaks, bad fuel pressure, tps, and bad front o2 sensor. So we stopped the tuning process as i had to save some money back up after getting excited one night and buying a set of megan racing coil overs 32 way damping with a ingalls front camber kit and a home made rear camber kit.

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	353
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	14806

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	383
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	14807

After the parts bug went away i realized i went into this to quick. So i got a new front o2 sensor, new MAF, fixed all my boost leaks. Then i thought before i give tuning another shot i might as well do a timing belt job. Also invested in some covers to keep it protected. So on went the belt along with new water pump ect...

Now we are getting to where i am today. Trying to install a 2g tps using evo scan that i will be attempting tomorrow.. Just trying to get a tune on it so i can drive it, has been a year sense i have drove it. As much as i love to work on it i need to get it driving. Im also getting low on cash after buying a 98 a4 quattro for winter.

So the car is sitting currently in the drive way. Hopefully i can figure out my tps situation so i can give tuning another shot. Just would like to see it parked away for the winter while i can save up for the next set of parts.

The goals for the car is to be a reliable DD on a 16g. By spring i would like to be on SD, E85 and maybe putting my painting skills to the test. But i dont want to get ahead of my self just would like it to be running first. THings i am going to attack during winter are:

1. Inability to hold fuel pressure
2. Work on a drivable tune with out bricking my ecu.

As of right now this is how the car sits. Wont allow me to upload more than 10 pictures right now.

Name:	IMG_1883.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	14811

Mods list:
pte 880cc
walbor 255
Aeromotive AFPR
Big 16g turbo
Hallman MBC
Unknown FMIC
Hard piping with recirculating HKS sequential BOV
Crower 272/272
revised 3g lifters
1g throttle body with by-pass plate
xxr 527 18"x 8.75 +35 offset
Nitto 235/40/18 tires
meagan racing 32 way dampening coilovers
Ingalls front camber kit
Home made rear camber kit
3inch turbo back megan racing exhaust with test pipe
aem uego A/f gauge
aem oil pressure gauge
aem analog boost gauge
flashable black box using evo scan to log
1g CAS
B&M short throw shifter
ACT 2900
Fidanza Flywheel
all emissions have been deleted

I have missed many things that have gone on with the car sense i have gotten it but will keep this updated as the car continues to grow. Thanks for reading so far and keep tuned for updates.
talonsway is offline   Reply With Quote