View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004   #11
i550

Tournaments Won: 6

Quote:
Originally posted by v8klla@Feb 13 2004, 06:30 PM
Basically he suggested that on a 2.4 the exhaust housing in a hybrid such as the RS65 may be a little small. 
You need to decide if you want a fun car or a race car and be honest with yourself about it. If you want a race car then you should skip over everything and go right to a full T4 set-up.

I listened to people who were supposed to be "in the know" two different times and it wasn't anything more than an expensive pain in my ass. T4 was fast but I don't spend much time over 30psi on race gas. T3/T4 wasn't bad but it still wasn't what I was after.

Finally I went and made my own decision and bought the turbo everyone thinks might be too small. I went back to a 2g manifold and put a PTE SCM61 on it. This gave me the car I wanted.

The car's fun to drive, at 18psi on pump gas it has power instantly in any gear. I get to make the decision to use race gas and turn up the boost, it isn't a requirement and if I want to use it 30psi on race gas is still an option.

It does seem like 30psi is about the limit of this turbo on the big motor but I'm not trying to chase down Sheps times.