View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013   #102
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Borg Warner Turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
What are you skeptical of? They are an OEM turbo manufacturer, and their products/processes reflect this. So if quality/reliability and turbos that are easily serviced/rebuild-able, then come on in. No 1 brand is some magical gods gift to turbos. All depends what you are looking for. I will take a small HP hit if it means the turbo will last, which is why I continue to choose these.
It wasn't the reliability aspect at all. Hell, most of us evo noobs run OEM hogged out turbos that last 10k miles regardless of who makes them because they weren't designed to push that power in that housing etc. Ok, maybe not that grim, but yea reliability wasn't the issue I was worried about.

I was more curious on the hype of the EFR turbos. They pretty much made them sound like the best thing since sliced bread as they were completely designed from the ground up for maximum response. The more info I see on them the more I am excited to try it. I don't necessarily think they are that much better than other great turbos, but I think they will be far more reliable (precision and FP both seem to be problematic) and they do appear to be quite a bit more responsive with intergrated bov's and 3 ports and going t4 ts.

I liked my 6266 setup but it was lag city, it felt worse than it looked on paper I guess, trying to find a happy medium now.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote