View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015   #109
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Re: 1997 GSX - DD, RR, and 11's.

Thats is honestly my fear. Of it being rings.

So far here is what I've experienced:
on wot pulls it smokes (thought this to be because im running rich 10.0-10.5)
One time when parked facing down hill (slight down hill) started the car after paying electric bill and white smoke pretty much filled my parking spot. About 30 sec for wind to clear smoke)
And randomly ill see minor smoke when im warming the car up (not white)

The turbo is only oil cooled. So im not sure what to make of it. The smoke isn't always there (maybe 1 in ten starts I might see some out the exhaust)

I thought maybe I blew a small hole in the head gasket after one tuning pull where we were trying to figure out what was causing the car to act like it was getting spark blow out at anything over wastegate pressure (posted it in another thread I think)

But after researching possible causes the valve stem posts seem closest to whay im experiencing and they were cheap enough to replace anyways. I was planning on doing it with the head on the motor. (I may pull the motor just to make it easier for my first time.
But if I do that then I've been contemplating just pulling every thing and getting the car painted at that time. There just is so many factors I just havent made a decision yet on which way to go.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote