View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014   #49
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningWood View Post
Beautiful car! I've been debating selling both Evos and getting something really nice like this or a GTR. I just can't get over how fun Evos can be for so cheap though!
Depends on your definition of cheap I suppose. I would not classify my modded X as cheap...but it was a ton of fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by asshanson View Post
So, anything about the X that you miss or wish this car had?
Can't believe you are already happy with 4500rpm, the NA motors keep getting faster until redline.
~800 mile update:

I miss three things about the X: The Rockford Fosgate stereo system, the manual parking brake lever, and the roominess of it.

The C7 does have a fairly small interior, comparable to a S2000 but with more storage space and two cup holders It is very comfortable though and was fine for my 6 hour drive on Saturday besides for my foot getting sore since I couldn't use cruise control during engine break-in. The exhaust is no louder than a regular car and the suspension very compliant for a sports car while in Touring Mode. The Bose 9-speaker system is good, it just sounds a little flat compared to the Evo's Rockford system. The electronic parking brake switch is irritating vs. an actual lever, but it works, and the nice part is it auto-disengages when you put the car in gear and release the clutch.

Other than these minor complaints, the car is absolutely amazing and is deserving of all the praise and reviews it's received since coming out! The engine is a powerhouse, the clutch is light and smooth (twin-disc), and the shifter/transmission is smooth, tight, and short! It's no S2k shifter, but its damn good. The handling seems super human, where the Evo would start getting jittering and making my nervous this just keeps on gripping and hanging on seemingly always wanting to be pushed faster.

One feature I am really loving is how everything is integrated together between the dash gauge display and the navigation/radio screen. The turn-by-turn nav prompts show up in the dash display when needed...same with the radio stations, song title, artist, etc. when you're changing or selecting them.

Last edited by Kracka; 04-14-2014 at 09:31 AM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote