View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008   #31
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest
Re: Venturi vacuum pump

I think you are extremely biased against the Krank Vent for no good reason. It's been around a long time. Long enough for people to find out the good and bad aspects of it. But people still use it. Nothing non-factual has been stated about the Krank Vent, so why are you claiming that?

You said earlier that size doesn't matter, it's how you use it. Well, I don't know if you know this, but when you're talking about airflow, size matters ALOT. Why do you think people put larger turbos on their car when they want more power? Because they flow more. You can't tell any of us here that a vacuum line will be able to keep up with the rotating assembly pushing air around at 7k rpms. That's why people install large diameter AN fittings with a REAL vacuum pump driven from a belt off the crank.

This is a chincy, hardware store "bandaid," as you labeled the krankvent, that you are peddling here for 30 or 40 dollars. I can buy that same junk at ace for 10 bucks and steal some vacuum lines from a junkyard for free.99 and it'll work just as good or better than yours. So what do you have now?
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote