View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008   #28
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion
Re: Venturi vacuum pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
You are wrong. The product I have linked does something very similar to the product you are trying to sell (without first becoming an approved site vendor I might add) in that it helps to run a vacuum in the crankcase which has numerous benefits. If you don't like it then fine thats your opinion, but do not come out calling me a liar and tell me that I don't know what I am talking about.
taken off your evo website that you linked above: " These devices are one-way valves that can stop 1000psi" http://evo.dejonpowerhouse.com/

taken from wikipedia: The Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve, or PCV valve, is a one-way valve that ensures continual evacuation of gases from inside a gasoline internal combustion engine's crankcase. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pcv_valve

So, again, the "Krank Vent" IS a PCV valve.

PCV valves do not create pressure or create vacuum.

in the picture taken from the website.

you can see clearly that one (1) of the "Krank Vent"s is inline with the stock PCV valve. (only makes a difference if your PCV valve is broken)
(This Krank vent is irrevalent and pointless, we are done talking about it.)

and the second(2nd) "Krank Vent" is to allow high pressure air to escape through the crank case into the atmosphere(high pressure to low pressure)

This second one will not allow unmetered air to be sucked into the valve cover and thereby getting sucked into the manifold.

SO the second krank vent will help with idle, and help keep the crank case maintain vacuum while at idle.

But here is the funny thing, this is not the problem, the car doesnt leak oil at idle, it leaks oil at WOT. The "Krank Vents" do NOT create VACUUM while UNDER BOOST.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A-04s_crankvent2.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	7089