View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008   #21
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion
Re: Venturi vacuum pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
The KV's create a vacuum in the crankcase (even at idle). Does the air "woosh" into the crankcase when you pop your dipstick? It does with the KV's. The KV's are one-way valves similar to a PCV, but unlike factory PCV's they do not leak boost into the crankcase. You put one between the intake manifold and the factory PCV and one on the valve cover breather allowing air to only escape but never enter. Doing this increases engine efficiency by reducing drag on the crank/pistons (more power, better MPG) and also helps the piston rings seal better reducing oil consumption. These will also fix symptoms such as leaking gaskets and dipstick pop-out similar to your pump.
Everything you said:
1. Makes no sense.
2. Is incorrect.
3. Has no factual evidence to back up your claims
4. Has nothing to do with the topic.

If you want, I can tear your paragraph apart piece by piece. I would love to write a ten paragraph explanation of how everything works, http://xkcd.com/386/

But instead, lets get back on topic.

UNDER BOOST: air needs to be forcefully removed from the crank case drawn through the (almost inadequate) crank case vent.

this can be done by:
-sucking air into the turbo (not desirable)(ineffective with large turbos)
-using an electric pump
-using a mechanical pump
-using a venturi (i claim to be the cheapest/best bang for the buck)
-welding large AN fittings onto the valve cover (solves problem by offering a low restriction large hole for gasses to vent to atmosphere pressure)

depending on my schedule I might have some data collected this week, but after my math exam sounds more likely.

will have video(s) posted by sunday.

Kraka you are a cool guy, you would be even more cool if you were able to take it like a man and admit you have no idea what you are talking about.