View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010   #71
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: Big Brown's Automagic - The last episode in my DSM story.

So after a couple of days of driving, well a handful of time of driving, I have discovered some leaks.

Oh I found the wiring around the thermostat housing is all brittle and one of the wires for the coolant temp sensor was broken, so I soldered it back up and since I have a new sensor on hand, I'm just gonna replace it anyway.
The T-case leaks like a sieve, I have both seals for that.
Turbo return line leaks, I should have a gasket for that.
The rubber lines on the stock OFH leak, I'm switching to the '90 setup.
Transmission/axle seal on pass. side leaks, MAP to the rescue on that then I will put it in.
I have brakes to install and a boost gauge, the boost gauge install will take some time and I am going to be a little creative on that.
On to pics:
Something missing?
Why yes, window motor and track, basically everything to have a working power window.

Thank you again parts car, you have successfully supplied: radiator, running engine, power window stuff, non-abs prop valve, and should be supplying a bumper and hood (in better shape)

Yummy rusty leak action:

Plan of action today consists of getting the car 100% together again leak free, so tomorrow I can cruise around in what should be a nice 70*F day.
Well I had another pic, of what someone uses to hold up a window but it won't load. Basically they used a stick, some wire and a weird rubber antenna looking thing.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote