View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021   #8
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: I finally have another Mitsubishi...yes this is my old stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
How about a tote? Probably be easier to haul in the bed of a pickup (or on a trailer) that way. I could do $2.50/gal if you get the tote and drive up to one of my plants (Hereford or Plainview, TX).
Deal! I'll look into this in a year or two when I need it; nice to know you still have connections near here. I can just use my trailer and tote it; remove with my tractor. Tractor can't do much more than 1000lbs on the nose so it might be a few smaller totes; easier to keep sealed; or I borrow a neighbors bigger kubota and can do 3k.

I'll reach out to you when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshanson View Post
Re-buy is awesome, congrats! Can’t believe previous owner did nothing with it for a decade, did you sell it running condition? Any more miles on it? New plans sound amazing and also deep money pit haha. I thought it had twin 16g but that was a long time ago and my memory probably wrong.
It was twin SCM 50 trims making 720awhp back in 2005-6? In 2007/8 it went to a PTE 76mm single. That made 1 dyno pull and if memory serves correct did 5xx on a break in pull and pushed coolant due to head machine issues. We shut down the shop and I sold it in pieces. Shortblock went one way, AEM went the other, radiator and suspension another, someone wanted the fuel pumps... Everything else went with this car. (Single turbo setup, caged car, etc). From what I can tell he stored it in his parents pole barn and bought a car cover; that's it. couple of scratches/chips were picked up that I don't remember for for 12 years of free storage (I bought it back for less than inflation cost of what I sold it for, and it came with an extra transmission/longblock)....can't complain.

Plan is to most likely build a 3.+ liter stroker with forged bits and go after some 6g72 records. New standalone system (TBA), etc etc...race car shit.

Going with a JDM GTO AWD Auto trans (DSM awd trans/t-case) as those seem to be easier to make go really fast as the dsm guys really have those transmissions sorted. Plus this is now becoming a drag car so I don't need to row gears (I have the corvette for that, plus a TR6060 shifts WAYY better than any cable transmission imho). Having a converter to keep the turbo lit will be really nice for going straight fast. I'll start with the little 76 to get the cobwebs off.

End game is to exceed 8.5 ET's in the 1/4 mile. Once that's done I am really interested in some 1/8 mile no prep stuff near me, so once it starts to ET well I'll most likely be "underground" racing this thing in no time situations. AWD auto + radials = party time. Who knows; maybe I'll try to campaign it for a rocky mountain race week/drag week thing if it proves to be reliable (HAHA, probably not).

This will be my "fuck it, send it" rocket.