View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012   #2030
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Made some good progress tonight.

If it weren't for the 2.5 hour nap that my couch conned me into tonight I might be further, lol.

Got all the shit in the way out (intake, ecu, brackets, brake fluid reservoir etc) and got the inside the cabin stuff unbuttoned. I would've kept going but am not sure how to get this off, I will prolly have to go buy some tool to get it off and need some advice on what to get. It was past 11 so it was too late to go to the hardware store or whatever.

See below for my dilemma...the CMC bolt on the flex line is hitting the booster, so I can't remove the big bastard.

Another pic, of everything removed.

I felt pretty good about how much I got done considering I only spent a few hours on it and a bunch was reading and cleaning up brake fluid. So much damn fluid in the reservoir, need to go buy more brake cleaner. None got on my paint on the body but the bay is blue now

The only weird thing I noticed is the CMC rod inside the cabin has a nut on it that was totally loose and not holding down the cup part of CMC. I doubt that would affect anything, but thoughts?

Hopefully get it mostly wrapped up tomorrow night but I have to help my cousin do brakes on his Maxima too.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote