View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013   #18
matt j

Re: fs/ft 98 impreza RS with ej22t swap

thank you for the responses guys. Yes these cars done right are fetching upwards of $12-15k, in running shape like mine they are netting about 6500, there was a shell here locally in the same shape as mine but still had the factory vf11 turbo and didnt have all the extra parts and that brought 4k (and this car wasnt an RS it was a 96 brighton)

So as far as an asking price i dont have one, because i like the car and since i have the motor assembled now just gotta have another hour to put the motor in and get it finished up.

If youve never worked on a boxer motor they are very different than a standard inline four motor, there are port holes that you push the wrist pins through to lock the rods into the pistons, well its a difficult job to do on your own to keep the rod lined up with the piston and what happened is when i was pushing the wrist pin through the rod slid to the side and obviously got stuck there causing the rod not to rotate on the piston and that caused it to hit the block while rotated. Very simple fix.

The EJ22t was the only US spec closed deck block assembled by subaru, comparatively the impreza sti 22b was also the only closed deck motor placed in an impreza. These motors in stock form have pushed about 400whp with no other modifications. The stock rods and stock crank are both forged from subaru, the pistons are a High density cast peice instead of a standard cast to hold higher boost levels. Port the heads and throw in a set of wiseco pistons on a 35r and you got yourself a killer ride.

And just for reference the block HALVES (bare halves nothing else) are worth about 500 dollars alone. I just sent one of these motors to the UK so i know what people are paying for them. So an offer of 800 dollars you could have yourself the fmic and block halves would be about all you would get. My lecture is over now, i am going to get the turbo setup mounted on the motor tonight and get the oil and coolant lines all run. So thank you for the interest but i think i am just going to move forward with this project unless i get an offer i just cant refuse.
matt j is offline   Reply With Quote