View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009   #2
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6
Re: a few galant VR-4 specific questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1ngletracker View Post
For the few of you that own galant VR-4s, I'd like to get some expert information (kinda hard to find this specific stuff about them on the net)

In general, my questions are around body and interior parts. (1)Are they compatible between any 6th gen model galant? I realize that finding replacement stuff for a VR-4 might be hard and expensive.

specifically:
(2)Can you use headlights from any plain old 6th gen galant? (3)Can you use a hood from any 6th gen galant? (4)How about grills, trim piece below grille/headlight? Bumper? How about seats and interior trim?

Thanks for any an all input!
Paul
1) It's actually quite hard to find them but just this past year I have seen 2-3 6th Gen. galants in the junkyard, all of them which were is still pretty good condition exterior wise. Fitting a non-vr4 front bumper to a GVR4 is going to be tricky because of stock fmic routing.
2) Yes, 91-93 models will fit fine.

3) Yes, I have a white 6th gen galant hood from the junkyard and we test fitted it and fit quite perfectly on my car.

4) everything should be bolt up except the if you for some reason swap the front GVR4 bumper to the non-vr4 front bumper. Seats should be direct because I almost wanted a cloth interior! but decided not to because I'm planning to go to an Evo 8 interior. Supposively the 89' glove box is lighter than the GVR4....so you could possibly cut your 1/4 by 4 seconds..lol. jk. hopefully this helps