Thread: House Projects
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007   #95
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: House Projects

Derek has the camera right now, but I'll post up pics later on. Finished up a couple minor things. Got the new $7 shower head and pipe put on the shower, along with a little shower caddy. Put in a new $8 light fixture in the bedroom since it was just bare bulbs.

As for more major things, I went to Ikea last weekend and got a new bed, a new dresser, and also a small dresser that will go in the closet. Also bought a little shelf and some battery powered, sticky, LED lights that I placed on the bottom of the shelf so there is some kind of lighting right next to the bed. All I have is a crappy cell phone pic, which I put as the 2nd attached pic. You can just see the new bed, and the little shelf with the 2 lights on next to the bed. You can kinda see my $8 light fixture on the ceiling too.

Today I started on the closet. I just realised I never took a BEFORE picture, but if you look at the 1st attached picture, you can see on the left where there is an area that is indented but completely empty. Well that is what I have decided to make into a closet. Basically it was just a large empty area that is recessed back a bit. The 3rd attached pic shows what I did today. It's a crappy cell phone pic because it's all I have for a camera right now. Anywho, that big top shelf is going to be where I put my TV. It's a large, deep shelf though, so the rest of it will be used for storage, such as summer/winter clothes stored in some big Rubbermaid bins. There's tons of space up there to store stuff which will be great because there isn't much room in this small bedroom. And since it's so small of a room, there really isn't much room for any sort of closet door to open up. So we left about 3 inches in front of that shelf, where a curtain rod will go. And I will just put some nice drapes there to act as a closet door. The shelfs on the back wall will be for clothes. They are 15" deep shelves. Then under the shelves, you can see my laundry basket on wheels. To the right of that laundry basket will be the other small Ikea dresser. In front of those shelfs, you can see a clothes hangar with one hangar hanging from it right now. This closet is very deep, so in front of those shelves is where I will hang anything I need to hang. We made sure to leave enough room so that the hanging clothes won't touch the drapes or the shelves. So that's the basic idea, and I'll put up pics when it's all done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bedroom painted 2.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	6608   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Bed.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	6609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Closet 1.JPG
Views:	444