Thread: Project Lex
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011   #565
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Project Lex

Just figured I'd update this, with the fact that there is nothing to update Since the dyno appointment, the car has been driven nearly 5 days/week, and has made several 500 mile round trips to Fargo and back. Not too many issues, so haven't touched a thing for the most part. The only issue that came up was one time the clutch slipped in 4th, but I think that was partially my fault for slipping it during normal driving/shifting too much that day, and also right before that pull. Hasn't slipped since. Man it's so nice to be able to just hop in, turn the key, and just go without having to tinker around or anything. Idles great, drives great, and still feels strong under WOT (already has a few kills under her belt). The exhaust note is pretty much perfect (with the exception of the WG dump, not a fan), sounds nearly stock when just cruising around, yet a bit louder when under WOT but not obnoxiously loud. I'm real happy with the spool time as compared to the Talon. This turbo so far seems to have been a perfect street/strip setup for my taste, with a great balance between power and lag. I'm sure the removal of ~6' of piping this winter will improve the spool by a few hundred RPM as well

Car has been a blast to drive, I'm excited every time I hop in. Even let some others ride/drive it, and they mostly have nothing but good to say. I'm equally as excited for winter to arrive so I can tear into her again and hopefully have it ready for 600hp in the spring!!

Plans this winter are:
- Homemade Front Facing Intake Manifold (eliminate ~6' of piping)
- IS300 COP/Wasted Spark ignition setup
- Tranny and rear diff (haven't fully decided on what to run yet)
- Zinc coated brake rotors (all I can find are slotted and/or drilled, anyone know where to find blank/solid rotors that are zinc'd?)
- Re-paint calipers (they look pretty beat up)
- Wheel spacers for the front wheels
- Recirc WG dump back into exhaust

So once again, big thanks to all the local shops and individuals for hooking me up with great parts, service, and tune. I couldn't have wished for anything better
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 10-10-2011 at 10:52 PM..
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote