View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011   #212
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: Big Brown's Automagic - The last episode in my DSM story.

Ok, so we are at today.
7-7-2011.

I didn't make it to MAP's Proving Grounds 6/26. A friend was supposed to bring me a 12" electric fan and did not. I was a little upset, but not really. When I got this car I told my wife and myself that I would not rush anything with this car to make any kind of event or for any reason really.
The week of proving grounds I did exactly that and to be honest, IT SUCKED. I was dead tired and stressed.
Thankfully that weekend I had a lot of fun, I missed my wife, but I have great friend that showed me a good time and I hope it will be a tradition for us.

Back to the car, well until now I really haven't had time or money to mess with the car. Now I have time but I have no $$$$, i mean no $$$.

TO do this the right way, I need cooling fans, head studs (Motor is 100% stock longblock), probably need a radiator. I am planning on keeping my A/C, so I can't cheap out plus I never planned on cheaping on anything with this car.

I will grab some updated pics, and over the next few weeks clean up my part of the FMIC install that I'm not happy with and get everything else in the car ready for when I do have $$$ to buy parts.

Quick list of things to get, in order.

-Headstuds (A1/H11)
-Intake pipe (It'll work, but I should be able to make one on the cheap. I've started using the welder!)
-Cooling fan (I have a 10" for the AC/Driver side, but I will need to buy a nice one for the main fan)
-Radiator. (Probably will be 3 core mishimoto full size, i wanted to do a half, but I'll need all the cooling capacity I can get)

I think that's it to get the car running and driving again, I'll have to upgrade to the full version of DSMlink V3 because I'm on a TiAL BOV that doesn't recirc it was free and the 1G wouldn't cut it.

I'll try and get pics of how the car sits soon.
As of today the goal is to make some passes in early/mid september and have a handful of passes before the end of the season.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote