View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015   #34
bramagedained

Drives: EVO IX SSL
Re: My "new" car/project.

One of these things is not like the other:

The blue one is what I took out, and, it's totally blown. Where it slides into the strut tube was full of the oil that is supposed to be inside the shock.

...the KYB is also a rear. Someone fucked up and sent me the wrong set. I opted for free overnight shipping on a front set. I'll need the rears this winter anyway.

Fronts not expected to show up until Monday, since I was too late on the call for today.

Originally I was going to order a wheel bearing kit and just replace what was there.

When I got things apart I'm glad I didn't, the side I have apart was in great shape with no wear visible of any kind. I cleaned out the bearings and re-packed.

Bearings:

Spindle:

I don't know if these were replaced at some point or not. There is still the tooling marks on the spindle from when it was made, as it is not smooth.

Outer Race:

Nearly everything came apart nicely. One of the two bolts that holds the steering arm to the whole assembly will not budge. Leaving it to sit with some penetrating oil overnight. If that fails it will get a little heat. The brake line fittings took a little coaxing with the proper kind of wrench, but, came loose without too much effort.
bramagedained is offline   Reply With Quote