View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018   #732
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

It didn't include instructions of any type, which hopefully my review/install thread helps others with (I've mentioned to him that a PDF online or a printed sheet included with his part would be very helpful and likely save quite a bit of frustration). He sends it all pre-greased, but after I took it apart and reassembled it a few times with his billet cap and my stock plastic cap, I wiped away the dirty grease and added more fresh stuff. He said once the seals break-in that airlock goes away, but I like my custom tweak of an actual air vent similar to stock rather than forcing the seals to give way to air pressure. It's a near perfect part and I've now found what I consider to be the ideal solution. If you do end up ordering one, get the polyurethane bushings option rather than the Delrin since they also seemed less than ideal in my mind. You could do the metal if you're hardcore, but they seem better suited in an actual track car and not on a street cruiser.

All-in-all, it was a $125 well spent, and doing it all over again I could have spent 1.5-2 hours max on it rather than my combined total of 6 across 2 days! I've heard the C5/6's come apart much quicker than the C7's interior so it's possible you could get it done in only an hour.

Last edited by Kracka; 08-20-2018 at 09:09 AM..
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote