View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014   #3195
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Totally understand that. So now you'll have 3 gaskets for a grand total of about $150?

This is the type I recommend, just so everyone is on the same page, they generally sold for around $25 or so and require no extra hardware, gaskets, etc.:

That is what I had before. But the consensus seemed to be the gasket was the issue.

Then the new one basically made it worse. Which is why I think its the actual manifold not the gasket. I am sure if the manifold was true/flat I never would've had an issue.

And yes, i paid 30 bucks for that other one, worked great.

And also yes, now I have a total of 3 gaskets, worth like $150! It's stupid. I told them they need to update their site to say that you will need 3 as then I don't think most people would buy them.

When I bought the spacer that I have now they said it was the same as the old MAP one which is the white one I have which it wasn't.

Anyway, the plan is to see if this silly sandwich of gaskets fits with enough threads to torque it down properly. If so I will use it. If not I am saying screw it and i bought some permatex copper spray and I will use one OEM gasket and spray. I wanted to have a thermal spacer as the idea is sound and I think they work but this has gotten out of hand.

In the meantime I am still going to have MAP check the mating surface on the manifold and if its not true as i suspect they will fix it.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote