View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014   #908
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: Big Brown's Automagic - The last episode in my DSM story.

7/9/14:

Constant working on this thing is making days a blur.
Installed a switch for the cooling fan and checked the T-case fluid. Took it for a drive and discovered that my car runs at about 200-203F in 80*F weather, I don't like it that much I'd rather be at the 195-200*F range, but oh well.
Plan is to make some ducting to maybe get there, we will see.
Didn't really end up tuning, my laptop doesn't like to be used in the car the mousepad eats its face.

7/10/14:
Long fucking day, wired up my vacuum pump but something doesn't seem quite right and I forgot to wire in a master switch.
Installed my oil psi gauge after about a year of having it, oil psi at idle warm was over 30psi, cut the spring got it to 28psi hot. (Going off coolant temps, yeah i know its not oil temp but its what i have for now)
So I pulled off the OFH, I have about 3 OFH springs, ground down about 2 coils off another since the one I cut got a little tweaked and I didn't like it.
I highly recommend grinding the spring, just be careful of how hot it gets.
I also did a little porting of the OFH relief hole since it was stock, I'm hoping between these 2 things I solve the issue for now.

I must say i like the quality of these Redhorse fittings that I got some Ravenworks, something about the finished looks really good.

7/11/14:
Powercruise starts today, but I was only planning saturday anyway.
Lots to do, the -4an SS line I have for my gauge is only 3-4ft long and needs to be replaced since it seems to be leaking, have to do that before driving it imo.
Also going to make some ducting, then hope it will be ok to take to BIR.

Thanks to Bman/Halon and Golden763/Tyler for 2.5" piping, now its up to me to make a UICP. I need to get a backpurge setup going before i make it though.

I'm hoping by solving this high oil psi issue that I will have less blowby and less leaks.

Made a ducting plate to extend under the car and force air up into the radiator. Seems to make a huge difference.
I painted it black but forgot to get a pic.

Gauge shot late night test drive before Powercruise:
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309

Last edited by turbotalon1g; 07-14-2014 at 06:29 PM..
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote