View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014   #1496
scheides
flips McGee

Re: beaterX project thread

I love this car. I don't drive it enough...it makes me feel like a million bucks!

Took it on our nice 700-ish mile spring cruise through dust, bumpy/sandy roads, rain, etc and absolutely had a blast! Hung with Kevin's SV1000 pretty damn well (though he kept going another gear more than me before looking back so he claims bus-lengths lol!), did a little walkin away from Brandon's Evo9 race car, and drove prego Aly allll the way home no problem.

Well, allllllmost pretty well Popped off the UICP at one point...reattached it and before long I checked again and this:

Fek. My front motor mount must be giving a little or something idk. Decided to try a KISS fix:

Nice and easy except the new 4-ply coupler was soooo thick it was tough to get the original t-bolt clamps back on! No major issues yet but will watch it as the summer goes on.

Also, idk if its just the fact that I have a STS evo9 in the garage now too but this thing is doggy again. I think something is up with the wastegate or flapper...something doesn't seem quite right. I checked the WGA and there's still plenty of pre-load on it. It still rips at 32psi up top but something just isn't perfect about it. And right on time for proving grounds too! So, I'll bring the IX up there and this thing will be my fun street car for now...I'll mess with the turbo setup whenever I get around to it, the car is still so so fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.

Last edited by scheides; 06-05-2014 at 03:28 PM..
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote