Thread: JET's 335Xi
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014   #1
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
JET's 335Xi

Well, I am finally going to do the first mods on my 2011 335Xi sedan with the N55 engine. I am not going to be doing anything too crazy. I really like the ride and handling on it already, so just adding some more power. My goal is an 11 sec daily driver that behaves like stock.

Stock power is ~280whp/320wtq on a dynojet
Stock 1/4 is ~13.6@102

The first thing I am doing is adding a JB4 piggyback tuner with flexfuel wires (it can autotune to ethanol content!) This mod has been shown to bump the power to 370whp/435wtq on the same dyno as above when running E40 (fuel pump isn't big enough to run pure E85).

This is a direct injection engine so there is no fuel going over the valves and oil tends to coke up on the intake side of the head some. This is much better in the N55 than the N54, but is still an issue. So I am also getting a specially designed billet oil catch can.

The stock charge pipe (upper intercooler pipe) is plastic and tends to blow apart at higher boost levels so I will be getting one of those pretty soon too. The turbo will be basically maxed out. There is development on 5 different turbo options from 3 companies going on right now. The first hybrid is out and maxed out at 480whp so far. I am waiting to see what happens with the others, the smallest one that is just a compressor wheel is set to do on the dyno any time.

I figured most of you guys aren't in to the 335 scene at all so you might find it interesting. I want to get this thing on the dyno sometime to do a baseline and moded run to see where I am at.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!

Last edited by JET; 02-01-2014 at 03:05 AM..
JET is offline   Reply With Quote