View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013   #1
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Met one of my guitar inspirations Saturday night, Steve Vai

Was an awesome show. Got to do the meet & greet with him before the show with the EVO Experience package. Super cool and nice guy, no "big head syndrome" at all, very down to earth and easy going. Almost as if he doesn't know how great he is, LOL. We got to do a Q&A with him for about an hour. Questions that got asked ranged from touring, to writing & inspiration, to the music business, to his guitars and so on. And of course somebody just had to ask him what his favorite guitar was (was not me, LOL), and of course he said "EVO". And let me tell you, EVO is beat to shit and back. There is a crack in the body that goes from the neck pocket all the way deep into the lower horn, almost to the back edge of the body.

He did sign my JEM90HAM for me in two places, back of the headstock and inside the trem cover area (just in case the one on the headstock by some "Act of God" came off, LOL). He smiled when he saw it and noted he doesn't see many of those anymore.
Here are some pics. Sorry for any crappy pics, all I had was my iPhone.

Crack in EVO

Shots from sound check and free jamming

Shots from the show

My fiance' with Steve and both of us with Steve's son, Fire. I asked him if he played guitar too, he said "A little".

Gear used

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote