View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013   #1
b00sted_spyder

Drives: 97 Eclipse GST spyder(Project car), 95 Corolla(DD), 91 MR2 turbo(Fun car)
No spark on 2 and 3

I've searched on google and tuners and found a ton of people having issues with no spark on 2 and 3. Most of them were wires that were not being plugged in or a bad CAS/ignitor/ecu. Here's the deal, I had it idling about 2-3 years. Swapped out the 1g intake manifold and NT throttle body for a SMIM and a rebuilt NT throttle body last year since it has been idling. Also installed a Magnus heat barrier intake gasket. Been trying to start it and it has been a no go. I have spark on cylinder 1 and 4. No spark on 2 and 3. I've bought a new oem coil pack so I can rule that out. I've tried a different power transistor which the outcome was no spark on 1, 2, and 3 so I put back the other one. I've tried a CAS from Halon's old talon and same issue. Triple checked the wiring and everything is connected like how it was when it was idling before. No missing plug or wires dangling by itself. I opened up the ECU case and did not smell anything rotten. Nothing looked burnt or broken. I had ecu socketed at ecmtuning. There's gotta be something that I'm missing.
b00sted_spyder is offline   Reply With Quote