View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013   #8
Mark Leasure

Re: The DSM/Evo Trailer Build...WTF

I went with the ‘24 so I had options down the road with pit vehicles, yes a golf cart would be awesome! No way will I be 8 fingered racing either.
The plan is to finish the floors and walls. Add a permanent tool box and aluminum side cabinets. I want this level completed before PG2. Then I will add electrical and lighting down the road.
When I was shopping for trailers the finishing components were huge adders to the overall cost. My trailer was just under $9K. The adder for finished floors, walls, electrical and front only cabinets brought the total to $15K! I think I can accomplish the look and function for about 1500 dollars. I already picked up wall and floor materials and a 41” tool box from Menards this weekend.
Well here is a before picture:

We are working on the flooring first. It’s Ύ inch wood. We started by sealing up the screw heads with epoxy. Then sanded them flat. The plan is to have it all glossy and finished looking by the end of the week. I’m using the Rustoleum floor epoxy concrete kits. I had an extra epoxy concrete floor paint kit that I used as a base coat. Other people have tried it and it holds up awesome on wood floors too.

Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote