View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013   #1392
scheides
flips McGee

Re: beaterX project thread

Memorial day weekend, I got a few hours here and there to work on the car! I was gunning to fire it up but as I went to button up everything I found a bit of a roadblock...nothing to screw the oil filter into!

The missing fitting is on the old block which is sold and out of state already...sigh. I got some seriously mixed info from a few Mitsubishi dealer parts counters, but I believe what I'm looking for is part MN163825 and I heard everything from it being on backorder/discontinued to 'I can't find it on the parts diagram.' So, anyone that could verify it, I appreciate the help! blackrosenova pulled apart his 1G oil filter housings and they do not appear to be close, way too long.

But, I forged on! All accessories are bolted up and belt is on, power steering is plumbed and filled, radiator hoses and all coolant lines hooked up and coolant is filled.

Filled the trans and xfer case in floppy sandals w/o getting my hands dirty:

Disassembled my Cobb BOV for its yearly lube-up:

Struts are back in, shifter cables and clutch slave done, FMIC mounted back up, UICP, LICP, and intake back on, ECU is in, all wiring connected (except for the battery):

Brakes are apart, I need some brake cleaner then I'll be installing my Girodisc SS pads and some freshly turned evoX MR 2-piece rotors. So close!

Oh, and gotta bleed the ACD line...I got a copy of tephra's tool for doing that, hopefully it works!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote