Thread: Project Lex
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012   #660
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Project Lex

I will run a stock SC300 auto flexplate. An adapter will make it so that I can bolt a 350z flywheel and clutch setup to it. The 350z clutch will have the correct splines for the 350z trans input shaft. The trans mount will have to be custom, but it's 1 mount, nothing too fancy there. A custom driveshaft will need to be made to fit into the 350z trans. A Titan driveshaft fits into this trans, so I'm thinking of just seeing if I can find a used Titan driveshaft for cheap, bring it along with my current one to a driveshaft shop, and let them make it work.

I haven't fully decided on the motor stuff yet. Ideally I want the motor out for when I mount up the trans, starter, all that jazz for the first time. So likely the motor will be coming out. However that kind of goes against my rule of thumb which is to try and do things as 1 at a time as possible. So we will see.

I understand where you're coming from as far as enjoying driving it. I drove the thing all year without hardly touching it at all. I have been enjoying driving it, all year! However maybe we differ here, but the "project" part of it is also very enjoyable for me. I am a hands on person, so actually working on it, taking things apart, learning more about this platform which really I'm still very much a newb to, doing things I've never done before, that is also very enjoyable for me. I want to enjoy the whole process beginning to end as much as I can, not just the end. And I want the end to be something I'm proud of. Which takes time, care, and effort.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote