Old 08-21-2012   #11
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Obamacare, Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
Sorry Halon, The summary i quoted i read it afterwards and said the same thing. but i didnt want to quote all of the different titles.
Basically its paid for by taking the current system, streamlining a lot of the process through electronic records etc, then imposing various fees and taxes (yes i said taxes) on various items such as elective surgery, and high income earners. (over $250k a year). But I recall reading somewhere (not sure if i read it in the actual bill or somewhere else) but they are closing a error where pharmacies were double billing the gov for medicare claims.

I have read the bill once when it came out. And constantly go back to it whenever a story comes out about it to check the validity of the statement. and to be honest, its not as scary of a piece of legislation that everyone is making it out to be. Even if you were to read just the titles then the sections under each title, it actually explains a lot. Then if it peeks your interest, read the section.
Might be a little off topic, but from what I hear from my wife, their pharmacy gets screwed pretty consistently from Medicare. They bill them, but Medicare just pays whatever they think it should have cost which is often less than the pharmacies cost. So I guess I'm not all that surprised some places would try to double bill them. Not saying its right, just not surprised.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote