View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012   #15
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Short/longblock, 2g FWD transmission.

I don't know how I missed these replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFed2.4 View Post
$300 for a running longblock? That's crazy! IMO, I've never seen one go for less than $500 even with 130-140 compression. Probably why you haven't found one yet. I've sold a few with good compression and proved they were running for $800-$1200.

Everything that I know of that is out there right now is almost double what you want to spend so sorry I can't help ya in any way.
Not true. I've heard stories from people picking them up for far cheaper than what I am willing to spend. A person can damn near buy a built block for $800-1200. Call it crazy if you want, but it is still stock; it isn't gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95talonracer View Post
If you want to go that cheap you might want to move onto a different car or a different hobby. I bet if you get it running for that cheap, we will see a part out thread with in months to follow because it will fail you. You get what you pay for.
Thanks for your opinion however it really doesn't change too much. As stated above, I've heard of others getting parts for cheaper than I am looking to buy them for and having had zero problems.

I also recall seeing the parts I am looking for, for cheaper not all too long ago. It only figures when I need it none are to be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS98GSX View Post
Ill sell you my disassembled 6bolt (no head) for cheap. I know its not what you want, but its a motor.
It would really depend on how well of condition it is in. How many miles it had on it before it was taken apart and such.
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote