View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012   #2134
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gtpeater View Post
A vette sounds pretty good right now. I really hope you can drive this all summer with no more shop time. Iam so glad I sold my dsm but I do miss the turbo fun. Sooner tor later you will have to sell this thing. I know modding cars make them less reliable but dam fresh motor build and its leaking oil. Hope you get all the bugs and crap figured out soon so you can drive it and not worry about noises and sgit
Vette is super tempting, I think its fits what I would use the car for...but this weekend made me realize I want one even more, I have "v8 envy" as Shawn put it lol.

This weekend, we pulled out my buddies 09 G8 GT motor and swapped on ported/polished heads with bigger valves, cleaned up everything like piston tops, installed big ass cam, 3200 stall torque converter and put everything back together.

We pulled the motor to do this...it took two solid days for everything basically, not really hustling or knowing exactly the easiest ways to do shit. It's settled, I need an LS motor, so awesome and easy to work on. It was so easy to get the motor in and out, z06 time I think
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote