View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012   #9
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: programer for a gas truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96GST16g View Post
i basically have the same truck minus long box i love the truck but hate the econ. whatd you all have to do to tune it?
I own HP Tuners VCM Suite so it wasn't much more than:
-Scan Truck and pull map
-Purchase Credits
-Tune truck

I haven't messed with wot power and timing as my engine modifications aren't significant yet, and frankly I haven't had time to find that last little bit. If I threw a wideband on it, it would be done, just to lazy.

I did adjust transmissions shift points, and a variety of torque management and fuel trims to bump the mileage about 1-2mpg on average and much better throttle response.

I did the same treatment to a local 5.3 Avalanche to help him for towing his camper. Much better throttle response and better mileage as the tune suites his driving style. Plus hopefully his 4l60E will hold on longer with the transmission adjustments.

My truck has the 4l80E, so its damn near bulletproof in most stock applications.

The 12/16 isn't automatic, I have to work for it. Light throttle application stop light to stop light and using my cruise control on the highway helps. As much as this long box loves to cruise back roads at 80-90mph up in the sticks, mileage is much better at 55-65.
niterydr is offline   Reply With Quote