Thread: The Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011   #272
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackawdtsi View Post
I have no idea how to say what I want without sounding condescending (which I don't want to do.) So I will leave that part out of this post, but as for the rest...

I have my AR15 sighted in at 50 yards and under 50 yards it's a max of 2 inches low. 50-200 yards it's zeroed to 2 inches high and again 2 inches low at 230 yards. To be honest it's hard to hit anything at 200 yards with even a little bit of stress added (jogging, adrenaline, etc) without a scope and going prone. If this rifle is more for hunting I'd understand .308 but not for defense. I can get 1000 NATO quality 5.56 rounds for $300. 1000 rounds of NATO 7.62 is $550. Not to mention if you want to be cheap for training you can get cheap russian .223 for 1k/$190.

RRA is a really decent brand. Spikes Tactical is better at the same price. That being said, I had a DPMS as my first ar15 and it only jammed on me once out of ~700 rounds because of me, not the rifle.

If you want to shoot an ar15 without a rental fee, you can try mine. (You have to supply ammo though)
I really appreciate the knowledge, so believe me if I'm wrong about something definitely tell me I'm full of shit. Because i likely am . I would love to shoot your AR15. We are getting a group together to go on saturday, So far, its myself, Jessica, My brother in law and sister, and my buddy and his wife. We are all looking to purchase ARs. My Brother in law almost purchased but it turned out that he needed to provide 3 months of utility bills to get the approval to purchase. (Austrian now permanent resident).
Mainly i want to shoot one or two of them and get a feel for the different rounds.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote