View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011   #1758
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Shane said yes it is conservative but he also said what you did, that with the higher compression this could be just "normal" for timing.

The log only goes out to 8000rpm on this pull and we tuned to 8800 and up there I think wgdc is maxed but I could be wrong.

Shane asked about the wideband already as well as he wants to see some transitional stuff on the road in between gears, he thinks I could be running a bit rich. I have my AEM wideband, I was planning to work on it this weekend and see if I can get it wired in.

Overall, I think the tune is a tad rich, tad low on boost and a little conservative on timing, basically exactly what I wanted

I am sure another 30whp could be had and quite a bit more torque with more boost and what not but for now I am happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Holy crap, just looked at your logs. Timing is super conservative....then again you have higher compression so I guess that could skew my perception of what is acceptable. Tune looks very nice though.

IDC peaks at 91.9% @ 8000rpm.

WGDC is not maxed, so you probably have a bit more left in it.

You need to wire your wideband into your ecu.

You need to rip this until next year, perfect DD setup. Log it periodically, have some fun with it!
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote