View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011   #13
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson
Re: Free road course action in Brainerd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simulatedwood View Post
Apparently BMW's and corvette drivers have a hard time dealing with evo's passing.
You shall not pass!

Seriously though, are we not allowed to pass unless someone gives us the wave by on the straights? I just read the instructions that were emailed out, but I wasn't sure if we had to wait for permission to pass or if it was just a nice gesture.

Will there be any instructors or experienced people to ride along? This will be my first road course action ever and some tips would be very helpful. I've done a few autocrosses but that's the extent of my driving experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane@DBPerformance View Post
Have you road raced the new car much? Be careful with giving the car too much gas out of turn 12, RWD guys like to do that and then do a 180 across the track, sometimes into the pit wall.
Thanks for the tip. I'll probably leave all the computer controls on at first and maybe switch to the competitive driving mode once I get a better feel for everything. I do notice it's tail happy with too much gas out of the corners, I have to learn to feather the throttle more, I can't mash it like with the Talon haha.

Last edited by asshanson; 06-21-2011 at 12:31 PM..
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote